POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : One job for the knowledgeable nearsighted. : Re: One job for the knowledgeable nearsighted. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One job for the knowledgeable nearsighted.
From: Jean Montambeault
Date: 10 May 1999 17:30:10
Message: <373741d2.0@news.povray.org>

>It wasn't easy for me to see but the effect was there. And I also noticed
>it follows any direction your glasses are facing while keeping your eyes
>trained on the red hexagon. The "nothing" line goes to whichever side you
>are directing your face.
>I tired to see if the unaided eye alone causes this but saw no noticeable
>effect.
>Your reasoning for more eyes escapes me 8)

        Sorry,

            that's a bad joke from a French guy who just can't get the
meaning of certain American expressions like "four-eyes" as an insult to
somebody who wears glasses. I just can't get what's insulting in it or where
are the third an fourth eye in all that anyway. But I found the idea of
inventing something so cool that people with 20/20 vision would cripple
their senses and good looks to be able to see it somewhat poetic.

                    Jean